Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Last minute gift

The presents are wrapped and under the tree, the groceries are bought, the stockings are hung--I guess we're just waiting on Ol' St Nick to arrive. Except....for that ONE STINKING PRESENT I have left to buy! I'm not looking forward to being out in the hustle and bustle later today. I ordered my niece's present online from American Girl. I realized several days after it should have arrived at our house that it was no where to be found. I go to the UPS website and track it and it says it was delivered last Wednesday at 4:27 pm to our front door. I'm a frequent online shopper and I've never had a problem with UPS or FedEx. If our UPS guy says he scanned it and left on our doorstep, I believe him. Plus the UPS/FedEx delivery system is pretty fool proof. I have no idea what could have happened to the package!? I'm completely baffled. I cannot imagine someone walking up the big hill to our house to steal a package off the front porch. We live in a nice trustworthy neighborhood. American Girl is hot stuff right now, but my sis says when she's ordered stuff from them there's no indication on the outside box as to what it is. That means they would have been taking a gamble as to what they were stealing. Also, my neighbor probably would have noticed someone making the treck up our driveway and up the front porch steps. If someone didn't take it, what in the world could have happened to it? Lantis and I both have things shipped to the house frequently--especially at the holidays--so we are very accustomed to having boxes around the house and checking to make sure they are empty before disposing of them. Neither one of us picked up a package off the front porch in the time frame that it was supposedly delivered. We have turned the house upside down looking for it just in case we "forgot" that we picked it up or mistook it for another online purchase. We even went out in the yard and looked in the bushes and all around the driveway and garage thinking maybe it was somehow blown off the front porch or the UPS guy put it somewhere else. No luck. So, where ever Bailey's intended gift is right now, I hope its with someone who needs it more than we do. Unfortunately at this late hour I can no longer get a gift for Bailey's American Girl doll unless I want to drive to Atlanta so I'm on to plan B. What is plan B you ask? Hell if I know! I'm going to go on an emergency shopping trip to several stores with bare shelves most likely. Wish me luck, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment