Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Anniversary to us!

Today is the day I said "I do" to Lantis Hollis four years ago. It was an amazing wedding day. It was without a doubt the most fun day of my life. Everything was absolutely perfect. From the dress to the venues and everything in between...everything was perfection. It was my day to be a princess. I wish we could do it all over again and I wouldn't change a thing--including Lantis. No one said marriage was easy, and we've certainly had days that were tough, but we have proven to be able to handle it together. We make a great team. Whatever we do we're better at it together.

This afternoon when I got home we watched our amazing wedding video. CAM video, a friend of my parents, did the videography and it was better than I ever could have imagined. I wish I could show it to everyone. Its not your average wedding video. These guys are incredible and I have the most fabulous wedding video ever thanks to them. I watched it today with Lantis and we cried like we were living the entire event for the first time. I'm so thankful for the wonderful photos and video we have to help us remember the best day of our lives.

I cannot imagine my life without him. He is my sounding board, my support, my cheerleader, and now the father to the other love of my life, Hudson, and an amazing one he is.

We were married on March 18th, 2006 at Independent Presbyterian Church in downtown Birmingham. It is a beautiful very old church. I searched high and low for the perfect church and when I walked in IPC I started crying.I knew that was the one! Our reception was at Children's Hospital in the Bradley Lecture Center. It was perfect. They had screens with a slideshow of our photos rolling the entire time. The music was awesome and kept the guests on their feet. We had an absolute blast.



Independent Presbyterian


mom and sis attaching my train


my sweet daddy seeing me for the first time


















Lantis planned our honeymoon himself and it was a complete surprise to me. He told me to pack for warm weather and lots of bathing suits. During our first dance at the wedding he shared with me that we were leaving at 9 am the next morning for Atlantis. He arranged for complete VIP treatment. Limos, private check in, concierge service 24/7, the works. I can't even describe how incredible that trip was. Uh-ma-zing. Go there if you ever get the chance. We plan to go back one day for an anniversary. Here are a few photos of that trip:


Heaven on earth. Our room was just above and to the left of the bridge suite. We had an amazing view.






pool side happy hour!


the view from our balcony...aahhh


Also this day in history...our best friends, the Courson's, met at our wedding. Technically they met the night before at the rehearsal, but the wedding night was when the sparks started flying as you can see in the photo below. I love the way she is looking at him in the photo below. Alesha, my best friend from college, and Jason, Lantis' best friend from childhood, were both in our wedding party. We would have never paired them together, but now we can't picture them apart. They are a perfect match made in heaven...or at our wedding. ;-) We love you, you crazy Coursons!! Thank you for keeping our life entertaining!

2 comments:

  1. happy anniversary! :o) love the pics, beautiful! my fav pic is the one of you laying on the floor with your feet against the wall in the air. HOW cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a CAM wedding video too..they are amazing

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete