Thursday, January 14, 2010

New bedding

I think the curse of having an interior design major is constantly wanting to change things around the house, constantly wanting to have trendy things in the house, being extremely picky about buying things for the house, and being very indecisive about things for the house. I think all that eventually leads to giving up and living with things I'm not satisfied with.

You may remember from a post back in the fall--September I think--that I have been looking for new bedding and ran into a bedding dilemma. I have literally been looking for bedding for over a year and just haven't found what I wanted or could afford. Then the Christmas/spending season arrived and I put my search on hold.

It is so hard to find affordable bedding unless you want the ol' bed-in-a-bag. I have had our current bedding for somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-7 years and I'm sick of it. Its nice and someone may want it when I put it in the yard sale this spring, but I'm done with it.

I ran across some bedding pieces that I really liked awhile back, but I had to find some things to coordinate with it. I was literally to the point of considering having something custom made when it found me today! I wanted something solid white with some bold coordinates and something I could use with my existing curtains because curtains are a whole new dilemma. (Hudson is almost two and still doesn't have curtains in his room!!) My mom makes all the curtains for our house, God love her, and I really didn't want to have to ask her to make something new. Then I'd have to go on another year long search for fabric for curtains. Yikes!

Anyway, I found what I think I'm happy with. Take a peek below! I may replace with solid white bedspread with a duvet and shams from Pottery Barn. Here it is: its the Morgan Collection. For now the solid white bedspread will suffice, but eventually I may switch them out. I'm just happy for a change right now!! :)

Next step is putting something new over my bed. I'm going to do a portrait on canvas--it will be beautiful! And we are painting. I'm shopping for paint tomorrow and we'll get out the rollers this weekend or next week. I'm going for something light since our bedroom is so dark and the furniture is so heavy. I'll share pics after the paint is complete also. Here is the bedding today...



No comments:

Post a Comment