Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thankful for my little helper







This past weekend was Thankgiving holiday. I wish I could tell you about all the fabulous things that we did, but that would be a lie. Other than a couple of family gatherings, a couple hours of Christmas shopping on Black Friday and photo shoots we stayed at home all weekend. We had a little lazy time, a little movie time, a little kitchen cooking time and a some cleaning/organizing time.

See...a couple of weeks ago I started a cleaning out and organizing project which will have to be a post all on its own because its that ridiculous. We trudged through a few to-dos on my list and I felt like we got a lot accomplished.

Sunday morning Hudson helped me make homemade biscuits or bippits as he says. You've heard me say before and I'll say it again: HE LOVES TO HELP!!!!!! He gets crazy with his desire to be involved. Even when I tell him I'm doing something that he can't help with, he starts literally climbing the cabinets to get up and watch and TRY to help. It dawned on me that he would probably LOVE flouring, rolling, and cutting out biscuits so we dove in--elbow deep in flour. And he loved it! I threw the bippits in the oven and left out a handful of dough for him to play with while they were baking. He made snakes, turtles and balls with his dough. He almost didn't want to stop playing with it long enough to enjoy the wonderful warm fruits of his labor.

Anyway, this is a good example of our Hudson-centered weekend. I am so thankful for him. He lights up my life and brings true joy into every moment. We love that boy so much and he absolutely steals my heart every day. I know you other moms can relate!! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment