Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fork for me, knife for you

Hudson is Mr Helpy Helperson. He wants to be a part of everything we're doing. There are so many times that I find myself getting frustrated with him because he wants to be right in the middle of what I'm trying to accomplish. Whether its cooking, laundry, cleaning, you name it, he wants to help! When its just not feasible for him to help me, he ends up acting out and then ends up in time out. I get so mad at myself for not accommodating his desire to be included.

One chore I've given him lately that he has totally embraced, (and gives me a few minutes to deal with things on the stove) is setting the table. He takes such pride in whatever job he is doing. I really should video it because its quite comical. He places everything on the floor, takes inventory and then places everything in front of a chair. First plates, then utensils, then napkins. Here are a few pics I snapped with my phone while he was working so diligently at making our table a place for our family to gather.

step one: plates, step two: utensils

note that he's standing on a napkin while placing utensils

ready for tacos--Hudson style
I love the way he places our forks perpendicular to the plates. Its truly heartwarming to sit down to a table that those sweet little hands have helped make.

1 comment:

  1. Gavin's favorite thing to "help" with right now is unloading the dishwasher. Since he can't actually put anything away this equates to him pulling things out one at a time, saying "here, mama" and handing them to me. It takes a verrrrrrrrry long time to get the dishwasher unloaded.

    At least I've gotten him to understand the concept of leaving the dirty dishes in to be washed. I used to have to wait until after he went to bed to load the dirty dishes because he would "insist" (in the way that two year olds do) that the dishes I was putting in needed to be taken out!

    Oh, fun times! :)))

    ReplyDelete