Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mountains and Molehills

I don't know what to say. I'm speechless over some things that have happened over the last few days. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I have been so blessed. God is so great and I think he has a big plan for our family. One that is very much in the works as we speak...or I type. Same thing.

Jeremiah 29:11 is ringing loudly in my ears: "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."

and Proverbs 3:5: "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

My life over the last two years has been crazy to say the least. Our family has been on several roller coasters with work, and we added a child in the midst of it. Just as we think we've been through the worst of it, we have another door closed and we are forced to begin a new chapter. One that will challenge us more than any other has. Luckily we just studied and dissected Psalm 23 in church a couple of weeks ago. Oh the irony--I had no idea how much or how soon it would hit home for me. God's funny like that. But the best news is that He always prepares you and never gives you more than you can handle.

So...now we recently found out that we have a hurdle to jump and two days later we have new opportunities awaiting us. Opportunities that we have worked hard to achieve and all we have to do is jump on them and make the best of them. We are hard workers and we don't wait for things to fall in our laps. We go and get them.

I fully believe that God has put us here to make us stronger and more faithful. I think He's put us here because he know that we can handle it. I think He knew that if faced with a mountain to climb we would turn it into molehill...and smile the entire time.

1 comment:

  1. great post... i love knowing that no matter what is going on in my life- god is in control! hope god continues to guide you through these mountains and molehills! :)

    ReplyDelete