Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Little Minnows and a BIG Lake!

Two weekends ago we took a little vacation to Lake Martin. We rented a house on the lake there with some friends and had a wonderful time. I've been so busy with everyone else's pictures that finally, nearly two weeks later, these pictures find their way onto my computer and my blog.


Hudson had a wonderful time and loved being the center of attention for 4 adults for an entire weekend. He loved the water. The house we stayed in had a beach-like waterfront so it was perfect for little people. He also fished for the first time and caught his first fish! :) Neither Lantis or I care a thing about fishing, but our friends Jason and Alesha are like Bill Dance compared to us. I think they've made it their personal goal to introduce Hudson to the world of angling. All I gotta say is that they better have a third fishing pole ready when he wants to do it! ;)


Everything about the weekend was fabulous: the location, the mini vaca, the water, the lake, the weather, the company, the food, you name it. We didn't want to leave!! We loved it and we plan to do it again next summer!





Lantis rolling up on our 'bu.






Me and the Hud






I love this picture: the cool morning light, Alesha serenading us, Hudson enjoying the affects of a restful night and a lazy weekend-still in PJ's, and Hudson just happens to be wearing his "I'm with the band" PJ's.





My handsome hubby.





Pretty scenery and waterfront. As if any of you care about the scenery! ;)






Me and Lulu in our polka dots...no it wasn't planned. Complete coincidence!






Hudson holding one of Jason's big catches.






Check out our waterfront and the view! Heavenly isn't it? If I didn't have to drive to B'ham every day I think I could live here.






Counting down...1, 2, 3, GO!






Nose pinched? Check.






...and head down!





Alesha, Hudson and the big catch.





Hudson and the little minnow. :)







So excited about his big catch!






Alesha helping Hudson reel in his prize.







"Whoa Mom!! Look at these fish!" The water was so clear we could see the fish swimming below our pier.





Here is the full set of photos from our big weekend on the big lake if you so desire...

Click here to view these pictures larger




1 comment:

  1. Looks like yall had a blast! I wish we could have been there too! Maybe next year it will be all of us! :)

    ReplyDelete