Tuesday, October 27, 2009

What's been happenin'

Yes, I realize it has been two weeks since I've posted an entry. Shame on me. I warned in my last post that life was very hectic and boy has it been. I can't even begin to tell you everything that has been going on in the wonderful world of Hollis, but its all been good and its been busy. I've had lots of photo shoots in the last couple of weeks so I'm working on getting all of those posted on the Lens Envy Blog. There are some cute ones coming so be on the lookout for those.

A couple of weeks ago we went to Boo at the Zoo with two other families. We had a great time. We've all got kids around the same age, so they all had a blast. Hudson loved the train and the carousel. Pictures from that trip are posted here.



Hudson on the ride to the zoo.

The Hollis, Jackson and Chand families (minus Brennan who was asleep in the stroller)


Roll Tide!


Hudson, Averi and Jonah


Waving to mommy from the carousel


Lantis and Hudson looking mischievous as always


Baby Brennan. He was such a good sport in the cold.


The Hollis Fam

The girls and our babies


We had the fall festival at our church this past Saturday and it was a lot of fun for the kids. Here are a few of those pictures as well.



The Great Pumpkin Man at the fall festival


Hudson loving a sugar cookie


The Itsy Bisty Spider :)



Saturday The Tide barely pulled off a win over Tennessee. I was on the edge of my seat screaming and biting my nails. Needless to say we were dancing and screaming all over the house when Tennessee's last field goal attempt (that would have won them the game) was blocked by Terrance Cody. It was beautiful. It was close, but hey, a win's a win, right?

Sunday evening our friends Jason and Alesha came over for our annual pumpkin carving festivities. We had a great time with them as always and the pumpkins turned out really cute. I tried my hand at making pumpkin seed brittle after the carving. I found the recipe in a Martha Stewart Halloween magazine and it was a big failure. The mixture tasted and looked fantastic, but it was far from brittle. I left it sitting out to harden for over 24 hours and it never hardened. I called it pumpkin seed goo and tossed it in the trash last night. Oh well. I get points for trying to be creative.



Lantis and his pumpkin


Jason and his pumpkin


Alesha and her giant pumpkin she can barely pick up


Me and my baby monster pumpkin


The whole gang


Lantis hard at work!


Alesha hard at work with Hudson supervising behind.

So there's a brief run down of our world. There's much more--too much to tell--but I think that's most of the big stuff. I think I'll be caught up on everything work-wise later this week so hopefully I can get back into my normal posting habits and keep you all constantly updated on our lives. I know you can't stand the suspense!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, those pumpkins are awesome. I am seriously impressed. Do you have cutouts that you trace or do is all by hand? Maybe you missed your calling and you are supposed to be a sand castle/ice sculpter/pumpkin carver :)

    ReplyDelete