Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas countdown

Only 4 more days till the big guy in the red suit arrives!!! I am so excited, I feel like a child. I haven't been this excited for Christmas in a long time. I think my excitement stems from Hudson. I feel his energy and anticipation and it fuels mine. This is going to be such a fun year with him. He has really grasped the concept this year. I think Christmas morning will be absolutely delightful. A tornado of wrapping paper and squeals and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Whenever he gets a present he says "FOR ME!?". It is so sweet! Amazing how things change as we get older and start expecting things.

I love his innocence right now. I know it will only be a matter of time before that precious innocence is gone and it breaks my heart. I hate the thought of all the things he'll be exposed to over time. I just want to bottle him up. There's nothing sweeter than this time we've been given with him. There are days I get so frustrated with him and he drives me crazy. There are times when I want the questions to stop, the whines to come to an end, times I want some peace and quiet besides bedtime, and times that I wish he would stop following me around the house. Then later I feel guilty for wishing those times away because I know this time with him will be fleeting in the grand scheme of things. I know all you moms out there can relate.

Most importantly I pray you all remember the reason for this season and share that with your families. God sent his son to earth. To walk with us in the flesh. To be ridiculed by the ones He made and ultimately die for us. Be thankful.


On a lighter note: here are some pics of Hudson and Santa from last weekend. He loved Santa this year. They were an adorable pair. I hope you all have a very and blessed Merry Christmas!!!!



 He was starstruck.



 Talking to Santa. Look at that little hand. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment